DVP seeks a part-time Marketing Coordinator for a temporary position January – June 2024 to support efforts to increase awareness and understanding of intimate partner violence and DVP’s work to a broad audience. The Marketing Coordinator will oversee DVP’s social media accounts and work with the Director of Development on overall communications strategy to ensure consistent messaging across channels. The ideal candidate is creative, passionate about DVP’s mission, and able to thrive working both independently and collaboratively. This is a hybrid position with flexible schedule, approximately 20 hours per week.
The Domestic Violence Project (DVP)’s mission is to help survivors of intimate partner violence and their children live free of violence and abuse, marshalling the combination of legal and advocacy services necessary to secure justice and a dignified quality of life. We consider intimate partner violence – regardless of gender, sexual identity, religion, immigration, or other status – to be a human rights violation. We serve an average of 1,600 survivors annually across all five boroughs of NYC through our comprehensive direct services (legal representation in family law and immigration matters, holistic case management, and empowerment groups), plus an additional 1,000+ reached through community outreach, education, and clinics.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and is responsible for the following:
• Develop and execute a comprehensive and creative social media strategy in line with DVP’s goals and values
• Post regularly on DVP’s Instagram, Facebook, and X channels to grow audience and engagement
• Create and curate engaging content including photo, video, and graphics
• Develop a deep understanding of DVP’s audiences and partners and their respective interests
• Monitor channels for trends, news, and feedback; Analyze social media data to identify opportunities for improvement
• Stay up to date on the latest best practices
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 2-3 years experience in social media marketing or similar communications role
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms and their respective audiences
• Familiarity with digital marketing strategies
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to gain understanding of intimate partner violence and trauma
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with video editing preferred
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus
• Job type: Part-time, 20 hours/week from January – June 2024. Schedule is flexible.
• Location: Hybrid. Must be able to commute to DVP’s offices in downtown Manhattan on an occasional, pre-determined basis.
• Pay: $25-$30/hour, commensurate with experience
• Benefits: Part-time employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week are eligible for medical, dental, and other benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Kristen McGuire, Director of Development at email@example.com. Please write “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject heading.
We regret that due to high volume, we are unable to respond to inquiries and will only contact those candidates selected for consideration. Please do not contact us via telephone or fax.
DVP is an independently operating division of the Urban Justice Center, a social justice nonprofit organization based in New York City. The Urban Justice Center is home to 12 social justice projects that operate independently but share the agency’s infrastructure, as well as a common commitment to finding innovative solutions to the problems of poor and vulnerable people.
The Urban Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.