Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate is responsible for building out the Individual Giving Program at UJC and all administrative aspects of the Development Department. The Development Associate will play an important role by working with the Director of Development to build on the current individual and corporate giving program to expand it during this time when social justice is on the minds of so many. By providing administrative support to the Department, this role will enable the Department to expand an many areas including events, peer-to-peer fundraising and corporate fundraising. This position will be involved at some level with of these areas.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development creatively expand individual donor program, including cultivating new opportunities to engage individual donors and increasing support of current donors.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create fundraising reports and dashboards as requested (monthly/quarterly/other) and reconcile donations with finance team.
- Provide appropriate documentation to donors as needed to support their donations.
- Manage donor records and relationships in Raiser’s Edge
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training and troubleshooting and or training resources to Urban Justice Center team as needed.
- Conduct donor prospect research.
- Record revenue in Raiser’s Edge and handle transmittal processes.
- Handle all administrative duties associated with operations in Department, supporting the Director of Development and other Development Dept. staff.
- Create and manage with Department Team the Moves Management process.
- Maintain Department calendar.
- Manage and maintain information on supplementary giving platforms used by the department (Benevity, YourCause, Donor Advised Funds, etc.).
- Assist in the creation of outward-facing communications media and event materials (Social Media, Email, Newsletters, PowerPoint decks, etc);
- Assist in all Event production
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office, is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, database management experience-Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information concisely and effectively.
- Attention to detail and ability to independently organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude and sense of humor a plus.
- Superior attention to detail, particularly visual detail;
- Knowledge of the impacts of systemic racism and intergenerational trauma on New York City’s communities of color preferred;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a collaborative team;
- Eagerness to ‘own’ projects and take appropriate steps to see them through in a timely manner;
- Experience working in fundraising, marketing, non-profit administration, or related field preferred;
- Friendly, curious, and hardworking team player invested in UJC’s mission and social justice causes;
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits available.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.