Marketing and Communications Volunteer
Job Short Description:
Job Summary & Qualifications:
· Communications and marketing backgrounds preferred
· Exceptional writing and communication skills
· Comfortable using a range of social media platforms
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Experience working with Canva
· Experience working with Raiser’s Edge highly desirable
· Create and upkeep a messaging programming calendar on a daily basis
· Present partnership opportunities to grow DVP’s social media presence to aid in survivor communication and fundraising
· Reach out and work directly with PR agencies for brands and individuals looking to promote and support DVP’s mission
· Direct social media interns accordingly
· Research current/potential individual donors, foundations and corporate partners
· Manage social media platforms, creating thoughtful content to promote domestic violence awareness as well as sharing updated legal updates
· Create marketing content for digital fundraising campaigns, both on social media as well as newsletters
· Support with other administrative tasks as they relate to development efforts
· Create marketing materials that are professional and persuasive, to be distributed to potential funders
How to Apply:
DVP’s mission is to help survivors of domestic violence and their children live free of violence and abuse. We consider domestic violence in any type of relationship, regardless of gender or sexual identity, to be a human rights violation. Our work focuses on providing legal and social work services to promote justice and vigorously defend and protect victims’ human rights. To accomplish this, our attorneys, social workers and advocates provide legal representation in NYC Family and Integrated Domestic Violence Courts, mental health services, advocacy, case management, and on-going domestic violence education and outreach activities throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
Be heard. Be free.
LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE?
We proudly serve all survivors of domestic violence, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity or immigration status.