Legal Services Intern
The Surveillance Technology Oversight Project’s legal services interns carry out a broad mix of direct legal services, impact litigation, research, and government affairs engagement. Our work includes a unique mix of criminal, civil, and administrative matters, ranging from challenges to discriminatory NYPD policies, to civil follow-on litigation for victims of hate crimes, and representation in national security investigations.
- Current or recent undergraduate / graduate student.
- Stellar research and writing skills.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office, Outlook, other productivity tools
- Clear passion for civil rights, privacy, or related technical fields.
- Preferred (not required): relevant coursework and/or prior legal office work.
- Preferred (not required): minimum availability of 10 hours a week (Fall/Spring Semesters) or 20 hours a week (Summer Semester). Full time placements are always available.
Email applications (cover letter, CV, transcript, and writing sample combined as a single PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject: “Legal Services Intern”.
INTERESTED IN A WORKSHOP OR TRAINING?
Our privacy trainings educate the public on how they can protect their communities from surveillance.